Sunday, February 13, 2011

Multi-Tasking? Digitally distracted?

My effectiveness as a Multi-Tasker is not good because I have to focus on one thing at a time and if I try to do three or four things at a time it usually takes me a lot more time and I cannot produce my best work. An example is that when I try to multi-task with homework, Facebook, And youtube my work probably has spelling or grammar mistakes and it also usually has lack of words or evidence.

My distraction levels are extremely high when I am doing an assignment online. Whenever I hear Facebook, Skype or youtube make a noise I get completely distracted and I have no chance of finshing work of my best quality. Even thought if I get distracted easily when I get to do a fun project or assignment I am weirdly completely focused.

The strategies I use to avoid multi-tasking for example is I put my computer on mute and I close my door so nothing outside will distract me. Another strategy I use is whenever I do an assignment online I make sure that I only have one tab open so I won't get distracted. I also try to get really engaged in my work so I only focus on it.

My parents are against multi-tasking because of the following reasons. They think that you cannot give work of your best qualities if you multi-task. They also think that you can focus more and get your work finished earlier. Their final reason is that if you do not multi-task you can complete your work in a more efficient manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment